PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN UNITED KINGDOM
UK TIER 1 INVESTOR VISA is a temporary residency permit for the United Kingdom, which allows you to eventually receive permanent residency and citizenship of the UK.
The Tier 1 Investor Visa is intended for individuals who are prepared to invest at least £2,000,000 in the UK economy. The UK’s immigration policy encourages direct investments and offers investors from third countries the most favorable conditions for receiving a residency permit, followed by permanent residency and citizenship.
Advantages of the UK Tier 1 Investor Visa
- Live in the UK year-round – You and your family members will have the right to live in the UK, do business, work, study for free, and enjoy all the other rights of UK residents.
- You don’t need to prove English skills – An applicant for a UK investor visa does not have to prove a knowledge of English and does not have to show funds for his/her family to live in the UK.
- Several ways of investment without running a business – When obtaining a visa, you do not need to start a business and prove real efforts in this vein. The investor only has to choose an investment option.
Receive permanent residency and citizenship in the future
- Work or study
- Apply to settle after 2 years if you invest £ 10 million
- Apply to settle after 3 years if you invest £ 5 million
- Apply to settle after 5 years if you invest £ 2 million
The simplest way of moving to the UK and receiving permanent residency and citizenship in the future.
The UK Tier 1 Investor Visa is available to:
- the main investor
- his/her spouse
- any underage children
The visa is initially issued for three years with a following extension for two years. Only the main applicant is required to spend at least 183 days per year in the UK.
You must have at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
- be 18 or over to apply for this visa
- be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner
- have opened an account at a UK regulated bank to use for your funds
Your funds must be:
- held in one or more regulated financial institutions
- free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK
- Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.
Conditions for receiving a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa
Making an investment in the UK economy of £2,000,000, £5,000,000 or £10,000,000 in one or several ways:
- British government or corporate bonds
- Shares in British companies
- Investing in the capital of operating companies that are registered in the UK
- £2.000.000 – Permanent residency in 5 years and UK citizenship in year 6
- £5.000.000 – Permanent residency in 3 years and UK citizenship in year 5
- £10.000.000 – Permanent residency in 2 years and UK citizenship in year 5
Funds and stocks belonging to the applicant’s spouse or partner can also be taken into account when calculating the personal status of the “investor”.